Practice Areas >
Eiger assists private clients with estate planning and related cross-border issues, as well as asset protection. We also have extensive experience with the setting up of trusts and other investment and tax planning vehicles, including structures. Our work has included many projects to protect assets from situations involving elder abuse and protection of assets for individuals with diminished capacity.
Eiger also offers:
- Specific counseling for HNWIs
- Advice on regulatory environments in regards to private banking
- Guidance on real estate holdings
- Assistance with personal issues such as residence, immigration, personal taxes, and access to education
- Handling of divorce and child-custody matters, including complex cross-border asset situations
- Set-up and maintenance of protected trust accounts for clients with diminished capacity, or under guardianship/conservatorship orders
- Handling of legal procedures for recognition of guardianship/conservancy orders
Eiger is a member of the International Tax Planning Association (ITPA).
Eiger partner Nathan KAISER is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
Eiger partner John EASTWOOD regularly works with HNWIs, conservators, guardians and trusts on the establishment of protective measures for client assets and in working out practical solutions to complex cross-border asset problems.
Senior associate Michael WERNER has an LL.M in Family Law and Family Policy from the University of East Anglia Norwich.