Practice Areas >
Advice and drafting of employment contracts, social security and pension rules and arrangements, collective and individual labour relations, termination and layoffs, expatriate and cross-border employment arrangements and coordination.
Companies operating in or entering the Greater China markets rely on Eiger for a wide variety of employment advice through the full cycle of a company's activities and existence. Our integrated approach to client needs ensures that we are ready to provide efficient and practical advice for how to address current and anticipated legal and business issues:
- Setup issues, including new managerial and employee hires
- Compliance with employment laws and regulations
- Insurance requirements
- Holiday, annual, personal, medical and compassionate leave
- Company work rules advice and review
- Advice on amendment of rules and policies
- Merger-related workforce combinations
- Resignations, for-cause and without-cause terminations, and layoffs
- Compliance training for local management and employees for corporate policies, FCPA requirements, local laws
- Pension and severance calculations and advice
Asialaw Profiles 2014 "highly recommends" Eiger's Labor and Employment practice.
Chambers writes "this growing practice advises on the full spectrum of non-contentious matters, including the drafting of employment contracts, contract terminations and cross-border employment co-ordination."
Legal 500: "...'responsive, business focused' employment team.."